Valentine's Day Treats


For Valentine's Day, I have always given homemade gifts to friends and classmates. This year, I sent some treats to my friends through the mail. 

I made chocolate pretzel M&M things (I had no idea what to name them. This is the best I could come up with.) They are SO simple to make. All you need is a bag or two of mini pretzels, M&Ms (I use the special Valentine's Day colors), and Merckens chocolate wafers (both milk and dark chocolate work. They both taste incredible). 

Preheat the oven to 200F or the lowest temperature your oven can go to. Place the pretzels on a cookie sheet so they are not on top of each other. Then lay a wafer on top of each pretzel.  Put the sheet into the oven for 2-3 minutes or until the wafer is melted enough to let the M&M stick without falling off. 

Immediately after taking it out of the oven, quickly put the M&Ms on. If you don't do it fast, the wafer will cool and then the M&M won't stick. The same thing happens if the chocolate hasn't melted enough. Next, still, on the cookie sheet, place them into the fridge for 10 minutes to harden. When done harden, either put them away in a container and get them out of your sight or prepare yourself to eat ALL of them. 

My friends have all said great things about these treats. One friend said, "Thank you so much for the Valentine's! I love them! (As do my taste buds) ;)." Another said, "the m&ms and pretzels are SO GOOD 😊." I completely agree with all of my friends. They are the most simple and delicious treat. If you make these, everyone will be impressed and amazed you made these. I hope you like them as much as everyone else does. 


Comments

Popular Posts