Frozen Chocolate Banana Pops

This recipe comes from the Food Network website. 

Ingredients 

4 large ripe bananas

3 tablespoons of cocoa powder

3 tablespoons of heavy cream

3 tablespoons of maple syrup


Equipment

Vitamix or food processor                                                                       

6 three to four-ounce ice pop molds                                                        


Instructions

Break bananas into chunks and puree in a food processor (I used a Vitamix) until bananas are smooth and creamy.  Add the cocoa powder, heavy cream, maple syrup, and puree until combined. Spoon the banana mixture into ice pop molds and freeze until firm, 8 hours or overnight. (I had them in the freezer for three days, so just keep them in the freezer until you eat them.)

When ready to eat, run hot water over the ice pop molds to loosen them. Then take the pop out of the mold and enjoy!

 

Review

The chocolate banana pops were delicious and amazing. They tasted exactly what I thought they would taste like with so much banana and chocolate taste that is perfectly balanced. These pops are good for all ages and can be enjoyed all year round. I even made them for the first time when there was still snow on the ground. 


Here is the link for the recipe I used from the Food Network Kitchen:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/frozen-chocolate-banana-pops-3362919




Comments

  1. These frozen banana chocolate things are a big part of my childhood because I LOVE eating them and I would often eat them in elementary school. I know you posted this a while ago but I haven't had time to write a comment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts